An argumentative essay requires you to put forth an argument on a topic, collect and present evidence to support the argument. Considered as an analytical piece of writing, an argumentative essay can be a tough nut to crack. However, once you finalize on a topic and conduct the necessary background research, putting words to paper following a rational stream of arguments becomes much easier. These kinds of essays require a lot of in-depth research and a careful perusal of all the perspectives or arguments for and against a particular stance. Empirical evidence, such as statistics and results of previous research, is indispensable when composing a winning argumentative essay. Since choosing a topic for your argumentative essay is the first hurdle that you have to overcome, we have collected some ideas and topics that you might be able to put to use for your assignment to impress your professors and secure superb grades!
Argumentative essays – outline and structure
The best essays always go by the 5-paragraph rule, and it is a mark of an efficient writer who can sum up all his arguments with conviction within the 5-paragraph structure for argumentative essays. The structure of an argumentative essay follows the format discussed below.
- Introductory paragraph
In the first paragraph of the argumentative essay, you are required to introduce the topic to your readers and draw a logical thesis statement from it. This thesis statement will form the backbone of presenting your arguments in accordance with the topic, so be careful while constructing it. In the first paragraph, you must also mention why the topic you have chosen for your argumentative essay has a certain amount of exigency assigned to it – as it may be a social issue or an environmental cause that needs to be written about – so that the readers understand the relevance of the arguments that you present next.
- Body Paragraphs
The body of your argumentative essay should ideally be three paragraphs long and must contain all the arguments along with the supporting pieces of evidence. Counter-arguments should also find their way in the body paragraphs and need to be refuted along with suitable evidence as well. Be careful to assign one paragraph to one general idea or argument and do not overlap arguments. Discussing the arguments in a rational manner following clear and simple transitions is one of the key traits in an argumentative essay.
- Conclusive paragraph
The conclusive paragraph should necessarily summarize the argument and state whether the thesis statement delineated in the introduction stands the test of time. In the conclusive paragraph, in addition to a general summary of the essay, you must also present your perception on the topic and end will an appeal to further research or action with relevance to the topic. A logical and effective conclusion goes a long way to create an impression on the minds of the readers, so be careful to compose a captivating closing line for your argumentative essay.
Quick tips for choosing a topic for argumentative essays
There can be thousands of possibilities as topics for argumentative essays as we see conflicting or dichotomous ideas all around us every day. Since choosing a topic is the first step towards writing an argumentative essay, and here are three quick tips to help you with knowing what topic to choose for your essay.
- Zero in on your area of interest in your discipline. What do you like about your subject? Delve deep into your areas of interest to find one that appeals to you the most.
- Once you know what broad area you wish to focus on, ask some basic questions like the what, how, when, why and the like about the discipline. If you find contrasting answers to the same questions within your discipline, the chances are that those areas are perfect to shed light upon through your argumentative essay.
- Finally, research extensively using all the resources that you have to find out the stances that have been explored on the topic of your choice so framing the arguments becomes clearer and easier inside your mind.
Finalizing on a topic can be tedious which is why we have also suggested a few ideas below on a wide range of disciplines for you to choose from for your argumentative essay.
Engaging argumentative essay topics
We have collected intriguing topics for argumentative essays under a variety of disciplines and specializations. They are listed below for your convenience. You can take your pick from the list or follow the pattern to frame one on your own for composing a great argumentative essay.
- Is feminist economics a thing of the past?
- Business outsourcing benefits the country receiving the work
- What is the ideal restricting of pay scales: performance-based wages or hour-based structure?
- Should credit card companies add a cautionary and warning page as part of their contract booklets?
- Recessional prospects usually go down with the decrease of the usage of paper money within an economy
- Do student loans cause hindrances to the growth of a country’s economy?
- A European economic crisis is sure to set off a global economic meltdown
- Illegal immigration affects the economies poorly – an argumentative study
- Do patent wars affect the price and sales of new products?
- Small businesses have more weight in the economies of developing countries than in developed ones – an argumentative analysis
- Curriculum in schools should only focus on critical thinking
- Corporal punishment should be abolished in schools
- Sex education should be halted in schools
- Is the current high school education system losing its relevance?
- Plagiarism in academics is not a serious crime
- Is a university degree the only pathway to success in life?
- Home-schooling is better than conventional schooling
- How important is mandatory physical education among schoolchildren?
- Is learning sign language as important as learning a foreign language?
- Has the privatization of education led to a dip in academic standards all over the world?
- Law and legal studies
- How appropriate is the legal drinking age?
- Should there be a worldwide ban on using nuclear weapons?
- Do outlawed substances only contribute to the growth of black markets?
- The restaurants must be required by the law to provide calorie listings for all items on their menus
- Sending juveniles to prison for life is morally unjustified
- Should marijuana be legalized because medical marijuana has several health benefits?
- Access to birth control is a right that is beyond the reaches of law
- Should there be stricter laws on firearms ownership and use?
- Cigarettes and addictive substances should be outlawed
- Granting personhood to large corporations should be made mandatory by law
- There is no connection between science and religion
- An argumentative approach to Darwinism and his theory of evolution
- The economic profits of cutting down trees is far more than the environmental impact
- Medical research on animals should be banned
- How be effective will energy from fossil fuels in replacing non-renewable energy resources?
- Should genetic engineering be made legal for fetuses identified as having mental or physical aberrations?
- Was NASA’s “Man on the Moon” mission a governmental hoax?
- Is it safe to consume genetically modified food?
- Is it possible to make Mars habitable for humans with the latest technological advancements?
- Human cloning is not ethical and should never be allowed for experimental purposes
- Social studies
- Women should wear less revealing clothes to bring down catcalls
- Online dating is gradually replacing the need for real dates
- Welfare recipients must undergo regular drug screenings and tests sponsored and organized by the governments
- Social media creates and fosters isolation among individuals
- Video games perpetuate violence and prejudice among children of impressionable age
- Is it alright for a guy to cry? – an argumentative analysis of gender stereotypes
- Escapism is now a social reality through our virtual lives
- Are women who work lack in their roles as mothers?
- Children should be able to change their names if they wished so
- The citizens of emerging countries are responsible for their sorry state of affairs
- Arts and media
- Television is gradually becoming outdated in the era of advanced technologies for entertainment
- The current generation of musicians will not make it to the classic hall of fame in music
- News shows should not focus on the lives of celebrities
- Media creates unrealistic expectations about marriage and relationships
- Television is guilty of being “too white”
- Film censorship should be revised to incorporate the creative license of filmmakers
- How is much violence in television too much violence?
- Is print advertisement gradually becoming obsolete?
- Journalism should be wholly unbiased, and prejudice in reporting should be legally punishable
- Photoshopped images have negative impacts on self-image and self-esteem
- Environment and ecology
- Should car owners pay hiked taxes as they are contributing to global pollution?
- Humans are solely responsible for climate change
- Companies that dump toxic waste and materials should be closed down
- Recycling household waste should be made mandatory for the developed countries
- Are the governments all over the world doing enough to put an end to the reliance on non-renewable energy resources?
- All cars in the future should be hybrid to reduce environmental harm caused by pollution
- People are overly concerned about the effects of nuclear power plants on the global environment
- Governments should work towards making public transport free for everyone to take the cars off roads for reducing pollution
- Individuals should face more severe consequences for littering
- Should the manufacture of cheap goods be banned due to the environmental damage that occurs during production?
- Sports and athletics management
- Weightlifting is an ‘unnatural’ sports for women
- Sports involving animals should be banned
- Homosexual orientation in athletes attract more media attention and fan hype
- Betting in sports should be legal all over the world
- The use of steroids in athletics should lead to the dishonour of all awards and trophies for the individual
- Are the rules and punitive measures for coaches misbehaving with the sportspersons too lenient?
- Home-schooled students should be allowed to take part in sports in the public school grounds
- Video games should be considered as sports
- Do most of the money that the athletes earn go in funding their managers and sponsors?
- Is football a too dangerous sport for schoolchildren?
- Healthcare and fitness
- Are traditional and alternative courses of medicine and therapy reliable in curing diseases?
- Does being underweight have similar health concerns as being overweight?
- Serving French fries and soft drinks should be banned in school cafeterias
- Vegetarianism is harmful to health
- Euthanasia should be made legal for terminally ill patients all over the globe
- There is no ideal amount of water intake for a grown-up – the more, the merrier
- Performance stimulants used by sportspersons have a detrimental effect on the long-term health of individuals
- Unhealthy foods should have higher taxes to prevent the over-processing while preparation
- Parents failing to provide proper nutrition and diet for children should be penalized
- Corporate wellness should be made mandatory for everyone all over the world
- Business studies
- The most telling reason for bankruptcy in companies and conglomerates is poor leadership
- Teamwork should be redefined to meet futuristic requirements of technology and communication
- The usage of lie detectors while interviewing prospective employees should be made mandatory for better human resource management
- The efficient delegation of responsibilities is what makes a great manager
- Advertisements containing sexist undertones should be banned
- Holistic approaches to business planning is a surefire way to success
- Dress code in offices help in increasing the productivity of employees
- Interconnected firms are always at a competitive advantage in business
- The advertisements for addictive substances should be banned
- Monitoring employees’ use of Internet office gadgets and devices should be encouraged
- Does hypnosis help to retrieve forgotten memories and occurrences?
- Is the psychology behind “chocolate helps reduce depression” truth or fiction?
- ADHD is present in all children
- Having an elder sibling has negative effects on the socialization and psychological development of a child
- What powers does music have to evoke emotions in the listeners?
- Social media addiction always gives rise to psychopathic tendencies among individuals
- Depression is caused by gender-based factors
- There are strong psychological basis for obesity among children
- Bipolar people can have a normal life after being socialized
- Narcissism in mothers negatively impacts the psychology of their children
- Jargon has resulted from language revolution over the years
- Governments should increase the number of male nurses in the hospitals to end gender stereotyping in workplaces
- The Nazi ideology is entirely disconnected from Nietzsche’s philosophy
- Handwriting teaching is gradually becoming outdated
- Online dating is not a strong basis for a long-lasting relationship
- Churches should also be part of the taxpaying population worldwide
- Artificial intelligence will supersede human intelligence in the near future
- Drug abuse is hardly a problem among teenagers from developing countries
- The wage gap based on gender in corporate structures all over the world is justified
- Are security cameras a violation of the concept of private space?
You will be able to find topics of every interest from the list that our experts help us to create. In fact, you can also follow the pattern and frame one according to your preferences in your discipline. Once you choose a topic, writing an impressive argumentative essay will just be a few steps away. Good luck on choosing the topic, and championing your argumentative essay like a pro!
Are challenging cause and effect essays bringing you down? Do away with all your academic stress at one go with the professional custom writing and essay help services at assignment2u.com today!
Assignment2u.com is where you will find prompt and effective solutions for all your scholastic woes with impressive essays and assignments prepared to perfection by a team of custom writers and essay helpers. Trusted by students of reputed universities for more than a decade, assignment2u.com provides stellar paper writing and essay writing services to suit all your academic needs. Our dynamic team of expert essay writers and experienced paper writers can handle any assignment or essay writing topic with ease. Our expert writers will be able to provide you with excellent assignments – accurately formatted and referenced – on any topic or discipline under the sun. Not only essays, but we also have a range of impressive academic writing services that include dissertations, research papers, coursework, term papers, case studies, homework, thesis, and many more! Take a look at the one-of-a-kind features of our services, and you will know why we are the best at what we do.
- Invaluable knowledge
Having in-depth knowledge of myriad disciplines and specialisations, the in-house scholars and PhDs at Assignment2u.com are able to compose accurate and well-written assignments on any essay topic to suit your academic needs.
- Excellent quality
The team of deft subject matter experts, essay editors and certified essay proofreaders enable us to revise each of the assignments that we deliver multiple times to weed out all the factual, grammatical and typographical errors, maintaining stellar quality for each of them.
- Deliveries on time
As we have a team of dynamic and super-fast essay types, you can be assured of receiving your well-referenced and precisely formatted assignments – all prepared to perfection in accordance with your requirements – well before the stipulated timeframe that you set while placing your order.
- 100% original content
Making sure that all the assignments we deliver go through strict plagiarism scanners, all the work that you receive thus carries the Assignment2u.com guarantee of zero plagiarism in content.
- Jaw dropping prices
The student-friendly rates at assignment2u.com let you avail cheap essay help at throwaway prices that make sure not to burn a hole in your pockets.
- Ease of access
The user-friendly navigational features at Assignment2u.com enables you to place an order for your assignment specifying all the requirements such as the topic of the assignment, word count or length, formatting style, referencing guidelines, and the deadline for submission – all at one go.
- Secure payment options
The safe payment portal at Assignment2u.com keeps your money secure and lets you pay for your impeccable assignments through online banking, credit or debit cards, or your PayPal account.
- Stable online support
The friendly and resourceful customer support team is always online for you, and should you have any questions or problems regarding your assignments, you can always fall back on them.
Hurry now to place an order for an immaculately written and accurately referenced assignment on any topic or specialisation at Assignment2u.com, and say goodbye to all your academic worries for good!